2- What is the waiting period after a divorce?
- For Sunnis: Three menstrual cycles if the woman is not pregnant and three months if she reached menopause and until child delivery if she’s pregnant.
- For Shiites: Three menstrual cycles if the woman did not reach menopause or was not pregnant and three months if her period was not regular, and for pregnant women it’s until child birth.
- For Druze: Four lunar months after the divorce or the death of the husband, a pregnant woman’s Idda ends up with child delivery or miscarriage.
- For Sunnis and Shiites: A husband is entitled to bring his wife back to marriage bond without her consent or knowledge during the Idda period in case of a revocable divorce. Such revocation must not necessarily be registered before Court. For Sunnis only, women may resort to Court and file for divorce.
- For Druze: A man may not remarry his divorcee.